02 September 2013

PAX Prime 2013 - Oh my glob

Hello everyone! Hello to button traders, lanyard bearers, Enforcers, and attendees! Hello cosplayers, newlyweds, special guests, Spartans, and AIs! Hello gamers, publishers, devs, panelists, and exhibitors! Hello everyone!

How was your PAX? Mine was amazeballs. I met so many amazing people and saw so much wonderful technology. I traded buttons and pins with the nicest strangers I've ever met. I bought a Catbug and ate sugar peas! I stood between the Xbox and Playstation booths and listened to gamers of both persuasions discussing (and bashing/praising) the new consoles with the most heartfelt passion. I sold PA tee shirts and scarves to all walks of human life, and I handed out a hundred pins and a hundred business cards. If that's how you've stumbled across this blog, then hello again. :) It was so nice to meet you.

I realize I'm being extremely vague, and I'll be totally honest. PAX is a total blur of happy for me. I'm sad that I missed the final day. I caught up on some much needed rest, then headed back to Redmond for a day in the Internet mines. I feel each year like I'm attending a massive family reunion with all of my weird, crazy, awesome, incredible distant cousins. More than the games, I'm so excited to catch up with people and hear about how their lives have changed.

So allow me to wrap up my lunch break here at work by delivering a heartfelt Thank You to you all. I'll write more in the coming week and month. But for now I need to focus on my day job, and preparing for GeekGirlCon. My brain matter is oozing with delicious ideas that I picked up at PAX, and I now feel equally excited and freaked out about being an exhibitor. I know what I need to do to prepare, and I know just how little time I have. It's going to be a wonderfully busy month. I hope to see some of you there in October!

More to come, I promise. ^_^ Now kick your shoes off and relax. You've all been on your feet a lot this weekend.

No comments: