10 July 2009

Many Thanks and New Things

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. In less than three days, over 100 bracelets were requested and $500+ were raised. You guys are absolutely amazing. Please know that I will be taking orders for these bracelets as long as Lori has medical bills to pay on her leg so PLEASE. Keep spreading the word!

I've had some interesting commissions lately while waiting for lanyard and bracelet materials to ship. One of the funnest I had the pleasure to work on was a solid brass watch chain for my friend Mojo. It is Persian Dragonscale. It moves and feels like stiff rope and compliments the old look of the watch pretty well.


Click for a larger image.

Just yesterday I received another commission for a sterling chain, which I think will be done in Half-Persian 4-in-1, same as the lanyards but much finer. It will be oh-so-pretty when it's done!

I have a few new items in my Etsy Store, one of which is being showcased today under "Geekery." These are the Caged Dice earrings. Practical and fun, I think I'm going to make these my 'signature' piece. I just loooove the look of them and the fact that the dice are still usable.



The other pair of earrings, which went up on Etsy today, are my Faerie Drops in mixed metals. This is another design I tend to favor. Fun to wear AND make!



Click on the images to go to their Etsy pages.

A note on commissions: Unless it is something small, simple, or something I already have made, I will not be taking any more commissions until after Labor Day. My plate is piled very, very high and it will take me until then to eat through all of it. Thank you all for your interest in my work, and in helping Lori. Those bracelets are not considered commissions; they will always be offered to anyone that wants to donate and help. Cheers all!

1 comment:

Gracewanderer said...

zomg, the Persian Dragonscale is BEAUTIFUL! Now I need a pocket watch to put one of those on.