05 September 2008

For Great Justice

I'm just going to throw this out there: I love Penny Arcade. I love the comic, I love the people behind it, I love PAX, and I love the sense of community and family I feel whenever I am around the people I have met through Penny Arcade's influence. That being said, PAX is over, and Child's Play is quickly approaching.

For those not in the know, check out www.childsplaycharity.org. It is a wonderful thing. Each year they have an auction in Seattle that raises oodles of money for sick kids in hospitals. I got to attend last year, and the experience was awe inspiring.

This year I want to contribute more to Child's Play in my own special way, and include the Penny Arcade community as well. I can't do this alone. I need your help.

I want to make two shirts.


Each shirt will weigh in at over 14 pounds, and the materials will cost me about $720 total. There's no way I can foot that alone, and I don't want this to just be my project. I want this to be a community project. When the auction approaches in December, my goal is to give Penny Arcade the Gabe & Tycho shirts along with a certificate that lists the names/handles of everyone who contributed. A copy of the certificate and photos of the shirts will be given to the PA crew for their office. Any excess money donated will go straight to the child's play paypal donation link.

This project can be EPIC with your help. Whaddya say?


MAJOR UPDATE! I can't believe you guys. Really, I was so touched when I checked my paypal account this evening to find that in less than 24 hours, I exceeded my goal. You guys are SUPER AWESOME.

IF you still want to donate, the excess money will be given to Child's Play and your name will still be written on the certificate as a donor to this epic project. I will be ordering the materials on Monday with hopes of getting most of them in a few weeks to begin work. THANK YOU ALL!!!





No comments: