12 October 2008

Beef Burgundy

Dinner with my family Friday night was a huge success. Living single, the most I've ever cooked for before was 2 or 3 people. This recipe is awesome. It easily fed 6 people and I have leftovers in the fridge for at least another two meals.

-----

2 to 3lb.beef stew meat (or a roast) cut into bite-size pieces
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1/4 to 1 cup burgundy wine
1 can mushroom soup
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced (or equivalent)
1/2lb mushrooms, sliced

Mix all ingredients together (you'll need a large bowl) and bake at 300 degrees for 3 hours in a covered dish. I served it over fettuccine pasta, but it also works well over rice. I also maxxed out the recipe. 3 lbs of beef, full cup of burgundy wine (don't spend a lot on this, by the way. I used Carlo Rossi and it still tasted amazing), and a little more than half a pound of mushrooms. The onion was big, so it covered a lot of space. It smells sooooo good while it's cooking, and the fragrance filled my entire apartment.

-----

I'll be working on the shirt during today's Seahawks game. I hope to finish the bottom stripes, or at least make a lot of progress on them.

No comments: