17 October 2008

Maille Party! And Progress Report

I emailed back and forth some today with The Ring Lord and requested they change my order to gold colored rings instead of the custom order yellow. Thankfully, they did so. I was a little worried at first. ANYWAY. I should hopefully be getting the gold rings soon, which really look more like dull yellow.

And with that, I would like to organize the first CHAIN MAILLE PARTY! If you are a Seattle local and know me from the Penny Arcade community, and would like to learn how to do some basic chain maille and pitch in on this project, let me know! I will be having more than one mailling party, but I thought this would be a fun way to spend a Friday night.

What: Learn the 4-in-1 weave, eat some munchies, hang out and help on the project
When: Friday, Oct. 24th at 9pm
Where: My place!
Bring a snack or beverage to share if you want!

If you are interested, email me at Jules@knittedsteel.net - be sure to tell me your handle so I know who you are. Also, tell me if you have your own pliers or need to borrow some. I have a limited amount that I can lend out. If you really want, I can sell you a couple pair for future use. I cleaned out the supply at the nearby craft store. ;)

And now, huzzah! The progress report!
The torso is FINISHED. It just needs sleeves. (Guess what we'll be doing at the shindig next Friday eh?)

No comments: